skip to main content

New Hyde Park-Garden City Park Union Free School District Departments | Facilities and Transportation

Facilities and Transportation

Mr. Andrew Scimeca
Director of Facilities and Transportation 
(516) 434-2318

School district policy provides transportation for students living more than one mile from school.  Transportation Office Personnel can tell you if your child qualifies.  Children who have a temporary or permanent medical disability may be eligible for special bus service, for which a request must be submitted for review. 

Since most families live within the one mile limit, most children must walk or be driven by parents.  For those who walk, crossing guards are provided by the Nassau County Police Department. Parents should instruct children to cross major streets only where a guard is assigned. Parents who drive children should be sure to respect the right of our neighbors by parking only in legally designated areas.  They must also take great care in watching for children who walk.

Transportation is also provided for all students attending non-public schools up to a distance of 15 miles from home to school.  Requests for school bus transportation to non-public school must be submitted to the New Hyde Park-Garden City Park School District Transportation Office by April 15 of the previous school year.  Please note that all requests for the 2020-2021 school year must be submitted by April 15, 2020.  Applications may be obtained from the District Transportation Office located at the Manor Oaks School, 1950 Hillside Avenue New Hyde Park, NY 11040 or downloaded and printed from the link provided below.  For further information please contact the Transportation Office at 516-434-2318.

If you move into the District during the school year you must submit an application within 30 days of the date appearing on a signed lease or mortage document for a residence within the district boundaries.    

For events occuring in the Fall please have permits in by July/August.
For events occuring in the Winter please have permits in by September/October.
For events occuring in the Spring please have permits in by November/December.

Please submit all requests for usage of school Facilities and Grounds as soon as possible.  All permits must be approved by the Board of Education prior to usage.

Please use the Field and Facilities Use Request Form located in the Related Files section below to apply.

Applications can be emailed to Mary Anne Royes at

Concerns regarding health and safety of the district should be reported to the following:

Andrew Scimeca, 1950 Hillside Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY  11040 
(516) 434-2318


Beth Torreano, 150 Maple Dr. W, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
(516) 434-2411